Monday, March 9, 2009

Mr. Mom Mondays

Kristen had an unfortunate fight with the stomach flu today, so I will be the guest blogger. I know how bad it was because I had it on Sunday and decided to share. With two sick parents and two active boys, I was the least ill and took over Kristen's responsibilities for the day (after she did the same on Sunday). I took the kids for a car ride, a walk around the neighborhood and a trip to Grammy's in the afternoon. Kristen has done a great job with the children building their mental, physical and social skills. As a dad, I get to focus on the funner aspects of raising two boys. The difference is more obvious as I played Mr. Mom today. For example Kristen is working with Andy to get him counting to 20. I on the other hand have been getting him to answer real questions with goofy answers such:

Daddy: "Andy, how tall are you?"
Andy: "Eight Feet Tall!"
Daddy: "and how much do you weigh?"
Andy: "Deuce, deuce and a half"

After a long day of watching the kids and making sure mommy gets enough rest (while getting over my flu symtoms for the previous day), I was exhausted. How Kristen survives the afternoon time after naps and before dinner is beyond me. After chasing around two cranky kids and changing diapers before dinner, I couldn't wait till bed time. But as I had a boy in each arm, I realized I left the baby wipes where Aidan would surely get into the next time were in the family room. With a flick of my foot, I lifted the wipes across the room onto the shelf and into the basket with the diapers and changing pad...right were it should have been in the first place. And with that I thought "I had a good day".

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Nice job fillig in Chris. Hope Kristen is feelin better!

Katie W. said...

Sorry you both had the stomach flu. Hope you are both fully recovered and neither of you decided to "share" it with anyone else!

Kara said...

Hope you're both feeling better. Glad everyone survived without mom for the day!