Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Bad and the Good

While I'm cleaning Aidan up, Andy sneaks away from the table holding a rasberry....

Me: Andy, did you take a rasberry from the table?
Andy: yes.
Me: Where is it? Did you eat it?
Andy: no.
Me: Where is it then?
Andy: lost.

2 hours later, I reach down to find a ball that has rolled under the couch and find the missing fruit, now smashed into my carpet...

Me: Oh Andy...I found your rasberry...
Andy: GREAT NEWS!
Me: No, its not great news, you mushed it into the carpet and the carpet is dirty.
Andy: blank stare
Me: (exhausted sigh): Don't touch it, I have to get the cleaning supplies and fix it.
___________________________

this morning we are in the car, Andy is singing along to twinkle, twinkle...

Andy: Mommy
Me: Yes Andy?
Andy: I wuv you.
Me: (happy sigh): I love you too.

5 comments:

JoJo said...

The bad...Hilarious!
The good...So sweet!

Glad to see you got your blogging motivation working again :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Ditto to what Joanna just wrote!

Happy Wednesday! :-)

Jen said...

"lost" - kids sure have a way with words. I'm sure that was exactly what you didn't want to hear. Makes for a very funny story!

The Gronewold Family said...

Oh you got to love them. Isn't it funny! they can drive us nuts one minute and then give you tears of joy the next.

Kathy and Pat said...

I wuv that story! Who wouldn't just melt hearing that??