Monday, March 30, 2009

Mom Mondays - Don't you just love...

Don't you just love when you wake up and think you are in for another ordinary day and then something unexpected happens and suddenly your day becomes anything but ordinary?

Well, that is the kind of day I had today! I have to admit, I was feeling a little bit on the "blah" side of ordinary this morning. With all my regular playmates on various vacations (parents in FL, Addy & Sandy in Key West) or working new hours (Aunt Jen started a 2nd job and cannot play w/us during the week anymore), I've been really struggling to keep the kids happy and entertained. Add to that the several inches of snow we got yesterday and a forecast of unseasonably cool temperatures for the rest of the week and I was pretty much dreading the next 5 days.

But all that changed when I talked to my parents this morning and they invited us down to FL next week!

I immediately booked our tickets and began compiling extensive packing lists.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Have fun on your surprise vacation!

Rach@In His Hands said...

That is fantastic!!!! Definitely a great surprise!

JoJo said...

Have a wonderful trip! I'm so jealous