Thursday, November 13, 2008

The waiting is the hardest part

Tommy Petty sure knew what he was talking about when he sang that song!

Aidan's visa appointment at the US Embassy is scheduled for today. That is great news and means his visa should be issued Friday or Monday. Unless there are some unusual circumstances, that means Eastern (our Korean agency) will be notifying us that Aidan is ready to travel early next week!

You'd think we'd be feeling less anxious now that we are so close to the end, but this part seems the hardest. We know that most likely Chris will be traveling about a week from now, but there's still the small chance our travel could be delayed. Everything here is pretty much on hold until we know for sure when Aidan will be coming home. Also, Chris can only take 2 weeks total off of work, so we are really hoping that he can fly out Friday of next week and come home on Tuesday. That way he can spend most of his days off at home w/us helping everyone get settled.

Please keep us in your prayers that the travel call comes tomorrow or early next week and that Chris can fly out a week from tomorrow.

On a side note, we have decided that Chris & his mom will travel to Korea and that I will stay home w/Andy. Although Andy did well on his practice overnights w/my parents, he did have some trouble sleeping in the days afterwards. We have worked really hard on making sure Andy feel safe and secure w/us and also on getting his bedtime routine in place. After giving it a lot of thought, Chris & I both feel the best thing we can do for both of the kids is to keep Andy on his schedule so that Aidan can come into to a calm & peaceful home. I am very disappointed that I will not be going to Korea, but I know in my heart we are making the right decision. Plus, Chris will still be able to go & meet Aidan's foster family & see his birth country & that is very important to us.

Anyway, hopefully my next post will be telling everyone Aidan's official homecoming date!

5 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

I SO hope that your TC comes in the next few days! Get ready, you'll have 2 little boys with you very soon! Yay!

Steve and Mellissa said...

I pray your call comes soon. Your family has waited long enough.

Jen said...

I hope that your phone rings very soon. Best of luck with your arrangements... I hope that you have no issues with traveling at Thanksgiving!

We are still undecided about what to do when our TC comes, right now it's hard to think about leaving our son home while we travel to S. Korea.

Kara said...

I think it is so great that you are both considering what is best for your sons. And I think it is so special that Aidan's grandmother will get to see the country where he began his life.

I'm sure you are on pins and needles right now, but try to enjoy your last few days as a family of 3. I can't wait to hear about your TC. Your wait has definitely been long enough.

Kara

P.S. Andy and I sing that Tom Petty song to each other ALL the time these days!

Anonymous said...

Praying for a quick phone call! I think you're making a great choice about staying with Andy!! I also think it will be great for you when Chris and the baby get home- you won't be tired or jet-lagged. You can just enjoy every moment!!