Sunday, November 23, 2008

Seoul Day 1 - Sightseeing

We just finished an exhaustive day of touring Seoul by bus, subway and foot. Here is a pictoral breakdown of the day:
Our morning didn't get off to a "Korean" start...I was caught sneaking into my favorite coffee establishment in Itaewon.


We hopped on the Subway at the local station. The city of the Chicago could learn a lot from the Seoul subway system.

We headed to the top of Seoul Tower. Facing Chicago, I waved to Mommy & Andy.

Next, we took a walking tour of Changdeokgung Palace



While at Changdeokgung, we toured the palace's Secret Gardens. Despite my best effort, I could not find Bruce Springsteen or Jerry McGuire.




We spent the rest of the day walking around different Korean markets. We saw all different clothes, toys, jewelry and food (And no Nancy I did not eat anything with it's tail still attached)

By the time the day was over, we were exhausted. Tomorrow, we will be heading over to the guest house at the Eastern Agency for our meeting with Aidan. I will post lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear BBC

It looks like those fresh fish at the Market are delicious so I'm sure you're not disappointed we are all at my parent's house about to enjoy the potato casserole.

The Youngest

Anonymous said...

Great travelogue, Chris. Can't wait to see Aidan's first photos with you! Love, Nancy & Steve