Thursday, October 2, 2008

FFF - The Mane Event

It happens every 8 weeks, so you think by now I'd anticipate it, but it sneaks up on me every time. You may have been noticing it in pictures over the last few weeks. Its not as if it appears out of nowhere one day. I guess maybe I dread it so much I ignore it until its impossible to deny. But while reviewing the pictures I took of Andy at the pumpkin farm this week, it was time to accept the inevitable...Andy needs a haircut. Again.Andy has had a full head of shiny, thick black hair since the day he was born. Problem is, he cannot stand getting it cut. While all the other kids sit quietly in their chairs at the children's salon, our son kicks, screams and has to be forcibly held down the entire time (not that I've seen it in person. I do doctor's appts, Chris has the "pleasure" of trips to the hair salon. I actually think I made out better in this arrangement, even on days Andy gets shots). Anyway, before subjecting him and his stylist to yet another horrifying appointment, Chris thought he'd try out the "faux-hawk" that is all the rage w/the kids these days.

Andy seemed pleased with it and while I must admit it is a stunning look for the bathtub, I'd prefer my two year old look a little less....punk rock, you know what I mean? Upon hearing the faux-hawk was out and another encounter w/the scissors was in, Andy took refuge underneath our bathroom sink. Unfortunately, in his excitement over finding a new hiding place, he forgot to close the door, so it was off to the hair salon with Daddy.
Amazingly, the haircut went surprisingly well. Chris came home to report "It was the best one yet. He didn't kick or squirm at all, just cried the whole time!" Looks like our little boy is growing up...below you can see him proudly modeling his new 'do. I think he knows its all worth it in the end :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Handsome Dude, not matter how his hair is styled!

Kara said...

How cute! He seems like such a happy little guy! P.S. Our son is also a fan of the bathtime mowhawk.

Kathy and Pat said...

What a handsome little man - Andy looks 2 years older with that shorter hair! BTW, be sure to keep those bathtub pictures handy for when he's a teenager and his dates come over... I hear kids really appreciate that. ;)

Yvonne and Eric said...

The haircut story is too cute! I don't know...I kinda like the faux-hawk!

Yvonne