Thursday, October 9, 2008

FFF - Memory Lane

Remember when you were in college and you'd see alumni on campus and they'd be doing completely idiotic things like posing w/their kids in front of their old dorm rooms and telling anyone who will listen "remember when..." stories? Well, that was us last weekend.

Seriously, it was a very surreal experience taking Andy to Notre Dame for the 1st time. Although we have been back many times since we graduated, this is the first time we actually felt like "alumni". I think because Notre Dame is where we met, where we started planning a future together, where we got engaged, having Andy there made it feel like we have gone full circle. It was especially meaningful to visit the Grotto (if you aren't an ND fan, I won't even try to explain it)...I've lit so many candles there over the years...I remember my last stop there after graduation and praying that Chris & I would have a family & a happy life together...I remember candles lit when we were dealing w/infertility and when we were waiting for Andy to come home to us...to be able to go there w/Andy and light a candle in thanksgiving of the wonderful blessing we have been given was a moment I will not forget.

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff, here's some favorite pictures from our trip.

Chris's most dreamed about Father-Son moment - wearing matching jerseys to a Notre Dame game
Walking around St. Mary's Lake, following the same path taken by Chris & I on our millions of late night walks around campusDancing with Papa & Grammy while watching the marching band's pre-game concert Playing in the reflection pond, where Chris & I got engaged Posing w/Aunt Lily & Aunt Leslie, two of my best friends, in front of the dorm where we were randomly assigned as roommates 11 years ago

6 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Looks like you had an awesome time!! Great pictures!
This SO makes me want to go back to my alma mater! Great memories.

Kara said...

What a great experience for you guys. My father-in-law and best friend went to ND, so I understand how important that visit must have been for you guys:) What a great way to celebrate all of the important life-changing moments you've been through!

Anonymous said...

what a great weekend...i know what you mean about everything coming full circle...ahhh life. so glad we got to spend time with you, Chris and Andy...he is so precious. love, leslie

Jen said...

What a wonderful day! It's great to have those special days, when you get to reflect on your life and remember that... "Life is Good!"

Thanks for sharing your day, and photos, with us!

Katie W. said...

I love that kind of sappy stuff! The picture with the jerseys is fabulous! It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Kathy and Pat said...

Ok, so you got me on the sappy stuff... that's pretty amazing actually! When Pat sees those pictures of Chris and Andy in matching ND jerseys he's going to want to have kids immediately...