Sunday, October 19, 2008

6 Random Things About Me...

My fellow Lifelink adoptive mom and blogger buddy Jen tagged me for the 6 Random Things Survey, so here it goes:

1. Like a lot of stay-at-home moms, from time to time I miss my job. Most other moms I know complain about the lack of mental stimulation, loss of "me" time and the boredom that envitably accompanies singing Old McDonald 20 times in a row and I nod my head in agreement. The truth is, the two things I really miss about working are wearing high heels and going out to lunch. There, I said it...shoes and food...that's what my career meant to me.

2. My absolute favorite thing to do is read. I frequently read books in just a few days and have been known to stay up all night to finish one I'm really into. Some of my all time favorites are Gone With the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (all much better than the movie versions). Lately I've been enjoying Jodi Picoult when I'm in the mood for a book that makes me think and Jen Lancaster when I want one that makes me laugh out loud.

3. If those Neislon people ever hooked one of their boxes to my tv to track viewership, I think they might suspect I suffer from multiple personality disorder. On one hand, I love watching cable news shows and debating political and economic issues w/Chris. On the other, I never miss an episode of the Bachelor and can easily get sucked into an all day marathon of The Hills on MTV.

4. Someday I really want to live in a house w/a big front porch and a weeping willow in the backyard. When I live in this house, I will be the kind of person who always has homemade ice cream and fresh squeezed lemonade on hand in the summer and hot cocoa and cookies in the winter.

5. I am addicted to listing making. The best part is crossing off an item I have completed. Even though I don't need one, I often make lists of everyday household chores b/c knowing I will get to cross it off the list gives me the motivation I need to clean the bathrooms or empty the dishwasher.

6. While I'm good at lists, I cannot follow directions. Its just too much detail and I'm a "big picture" type person. For this reason, I never know how to do things like download ringtones on my cell (really, who has the time to read those instruction manuals???).

2 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Kristen,
Ha! I totally could've written this exact post! The shoes, the books, the house, the lists, the TV....that is funny!
Hope you're having a good weekend. And happy belated birthday to your sweet boy!

Kara said...

That's hilarious! I am totally the same way on most of those things...and I'm glad there is someone else over 21 that watches the Hills:)