Monday, August 2, 2010

What I Learned on my Summer Vacation

Aidan successfully uses the potty about 50% of the time, but has a 100% success rate when allowed to go in the ocean.

Andy will sit quietly for 6 hours straight if Deigo's Iguana Rescue Sing-Along DVD is playing on a continuous loop.

Kids get sand stuck between their toes, in their ears and every other place imaginable...as well as some places that defy the imagination.

If Aidan gets salt water in his mouth, no problem, he'll spit it out, but sand is so delicious it's not only worth eating once on accident but then licking off sea shells every time the opportunity presents itself in the future.

It is possible for me to go 7 days without Starbucks...but after my first sip this morning I realized the truth to that saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

5 comments:

Christine said...

It sounds like your vacation was interesting with your two boys! I had to laugh at what you learned, especially the potty one.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, the first one has me cracking up! Too much. As for the last one, I can totally relate... unfortunately!

Elizabeth Frick said...

I *despise* sand. The licking it off? Makes my teeth hurt.
Glad vacation was not only relaxing, but educational :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Mmmm Starbucks!

With the busy traveling summer we've had, our little dvd player was like gold!

Birdie said...

This is really funny! Seriously? He licks the sand? That is such a great image in my head!

Sadly, Caffeiene is my kryptonite (well, and tortilla chips) and I'm not sure I could last a week without it.