Monday, February 2, 2009

You & Me

I have been able to teach Andy many things...colors, shapes, how to count to 10, why the water in the toilet is not the same as the water in the bath tub...but I've hit a wall when it comes to explaining "you" and "me". For instance:

When Andy wants alone time w/me, he takes my hand, guides me out of the room and say "Show me". What he means is "Show you", as in "Mama, I want to show you something".

When Andy wants to be held or hugged, he will come to me and say "Hold you". What he means is "Mama, I want you to hold me".

I have tried on several occassions to explain to him that he has it backwards, but it just ends up sounding like some sort of Abbott and Costello act.

I guess this is why they invented pre-school - I bet there's a whole course for early education majors devoted to this topic.

1 comment:

Kathy and Pat said...

Andy doesn't know his subject pronouns yet!?! How is he ever going to get into a good college?? ;) You know I'm 100% kidding... he's the smartest kid I've ever met! One of these days it will randomly click and it will be an awesome moment. :)