Saturday, January 24, 2009

"S" is for "Sorry" and 10 other things...

First, so sorry, but once again, there won't be any Favorite Foto Friday this week. The good news is Chris has informed me the status of our computer has been upgraded from "critical" to "stable" and he assures me that by the end of the week he'll have it completely up and running again. Which is great news b/c tomorrow is Aidan's 1st birthday and we have a special Korean celebration planned...be sure to check back Monday for pictures and a video!

Until then, my blogland friend Rachel (http://www.inhishands-ouradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/) had a fun activity on her blog the other day and since it involves making a list (which as you all know is one of my favorite things!) I decided to play too. Here are the rules:

If you want to play, leave a comment in this post and I will assign you a letter. You write about 10 things you love that begin with that letter on your blog along w/the rules and assign letter to anyone who wants to join in.

Rachel gave me the letter S:
  • Sons - They're adorable little wild things who keep me on my toes and make me smile every day. Need I say more?
  • Sisters - Is there anything better than having a friend who has known you your entire life? Having moved well beyond the whole "she stole my shirt/shoes/CD/boyfriend" thing from our teenage years, I can't imagine what it would be like not to have my sisters...other than I would need a lot less cell phone minutes...which would be good b/c I would probably need the money I saved on phone calls to pay for a really good therapist :)
  • Singing - Not in public, mind you. I'm talking about the "volume cranked up, top of my lungs" kind of singing that I do pretty much any time I'm in the car alone. Yes, I realize my windows are not tinted and that all the other drivers can see (and possibly even hear) me, and yes, I have had some embarrassing "I just got busted car-singing" moments, but tell me how can anyone resist belting out "Like a Prayer" or anything by Madonna for that matter? Seriously, if you do know how to resist, let me know how you do that, I find the restraint of non-car singers fascinating.
  • Sunshine - The beach. Strappy Sandals. Outdoor Dining. All things I love and all things that require warm weather and sunshine. Sometimes, after spending 15 minutes struggling to get myself and the kids bundled up into all our winter gear just for a 5 minute trip to the grocery store, I find myself wondering "How did I end up living here? Why didn't Chris & I move away when we had the chance?" My friend Leslie has been trying to convince anyone who will listen to move to North Carolina w/her & her husband and if only I could figure out how to move our entire family business down there so that Chris would still have a job I would be looking for houses in remax.com right now instead of wrapped up in a blanket in our freezing house making this list.
  • Suitcases - I love, love, love to travel. Everything about the entire travel process in so much fun. Researching a new destination. Creating extensive packing lists. Seeing something new. Indulging in hotel room service. So far this year we have a summer road trip New Jersey planned to visit Chris's mom & a few college friends and we are tenatively planning to take the kids to Disney World for the 1st time in the fall.
  • Sundaes - I am currently going through an ice cream phase and have been creating elaborate sundaes for Chris & I to enjoy. I even bought special sundae bowls which I keep in the freezer so that the ice cream doesn't melt too quickly.
  • Saturdays - I know Sundays get a lot of votes for favorite day of the week, but I've never been a fan. Sundays mean the end of the weekend and the beginning of another work week. Saturdays, however, are the best. They have everything Sundays offer - no work, a chance to relax, cross something off the to do list or do something exciting without the constant nagging thought that the next day is Monday. Also, Chris gets up with the kids and lets me sleep in on Saturday mornings, so that obviously is enough to make it my favorite day of the week.
  • Sleep - Oh sleep, my old friend, how I miss you! One day, when the children are older, I will once again be able to spend 9 to 10 hours with you every night. Until then, we'll always have Saturday mornings.
  • Shopping - Anthropologie. Nordstroms. Sephora. J Crew. Banana Republic. Target. Pottery Barn. Kate Spade. Enough said.
  • Soup - Maybe its the record cold we've had this winter or the discovery of Barefoot Contessa's Mexican Chicken soup recipe, but lately I've become a big fan. In fact, Chris just walked in with Olive Garden carry-out, so I'm off to enjoy some now!

1 comment:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Great list...I love so many of those things too!!!