Saturday, December 6, 2008

FFF - First Snow

**Due to an internet outage during the day & the arrival of new netflix movies in the evening, I was unable to post this yesterday**

We had our 1st real snow fall, the kind that actually requires shoveling, earlier this week. Chris was still home from work, so we were able to all bundle up and head outside to play....there's no way I could've gotten both the boys into snow gear alone! I can tell Chris & I have become experienced in the art (and it is an art) of dressing uncooperative children, b/c it only took us about 15 mins to get everyone ready to go. Unlike last year, Andy will actually walk w/his boots on (previously, he would just go limp and refuse to move). Now if only we could get him to keep mittens on his hands! Aidan was fine w/the clothes, but I had to bring him in after a few minutes b/c he was upset he couldn't get down and crawl...he and I then moved to observing the action from the family room window. Since I was trying to keep Aidan from escaping my grasp, I didn't get many pictures, but here's a few cute ones:

Chris gave Andy a small shovel and he got to help shovel the driveway...since the arrival of his little brother, he's very into being a big boy and was thrilled to be helping Daddy...Daddy was thrilled for the help and anxiously looks forward to the day he can pass the shoveling job off to the kids.

Prior to retiring to the warmth of the family room, Aidan & I supervised the snow removal. We got more snow last night, so this afternoon the Dads will be taking Andy & Addy sledding in our backyard for the 1st time this winter...check back soon to see the pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love snow picture!! Your boys are too cute!!