Thursday, September 11, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday - Baby Van Gogh

One of the things Chris & I are enjoying most about Andy at this age is that he is constantly learning new things and making new discoveries. The last few weeks we have been working on colors and this week he finally got it. As a result, he is suddenly very interested in coloring. As luck would have it, we just ordered Andy a new mattress for his new "big boy" room and we are keeping it in our family room until his bed arrives. Well, the box is the perfect canvas for his 1st masterpiece and he has devoted many hours to it this week. I don't think he feels it is complete yet, but here is what he has accomplished so far: You can see that he is obviously very dedicated to his box art, so you can probably understand why after a few days of close observation, I decided I could give him a little space. I was working in the kitchen the other afternoon, halfway tuning in to the sound of Andy coloring on the box. Suddenly, I hear the sound of the crayon scribbling on something that is DEFINITELY not a box, followed by a second of silence and then Andy's little voice saying "oh wow". I turn the corner and find he's moved onto other mediums....I could've yelled, but who am I to stand in the way of an emerging artist? Besides, this is what they make Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for!

7 comments:

JoJo said...

Hysterical! I love the "oh wow". He is seriously soooo cute!
Joanna (lifelink)

Jen said...

Your artist is very cute. Hey, the wall is more permenent than a cardboard box... he just wanted his art to be appreciated longer!

Kelli Kristine said...

How funny! I love your Andy stories. He's toooooo adorable for his own good! :)

Kathy and Pat said...

Oh noooo... well, we all knew it was just a matter of time before he tried the wall test. Isn't that some sort of toddler right of passage? ;)

Anonymous said...

i love the way you write...it is soooo funny! love, leslie

Kara said...

That's cute! No furniture or wall is safe from those crayons!

Yvonne and Eric said...

Hmmm...thanks for the heads-up, an "oh wow" means I need to go check up on Matthew asap! Keep the tips coming!

Yvonne