Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The latest installment

"It doesn't sound the same without my sunglasses on." - Aidan, on why he couldn't play his guitar until we found his sunglasses.

"I don't really care for sleep." - Andy, making the understatement of his life a few weeks ago at bedtime.

"The stinging wasp did a battle with Daddy, but the shoe won." - Aidan, after Chris killed a wasp in his room.

"We ate the cake, so now I'm four." - Andy, trying to convince me he turned four the day of his party, not 2 weeks from now.

"I wish I could, but my legs are out of batteries." - Andy, on why he was unable to help clean up his toys.

"Well, I make quite a mess." - Aidan, telling me about snack time at school.

"To infinity and beyond!" - Andy, every time he flushes the toilet.

4 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Out of the mouths of babes, huh?! The "understatement of the year cracks me up... I can unfortunately relate!

Christine said...

Your boys say the funniest things!! I love that Andy's legs were out of batteries. Ha!

Elizabeth Frick said...

I like the reasoning behind "I ate the cake, so I'm four." With all the desserts I eat, that one could come in really handy...

Kara said...

Oh the thoughts of little boys! Love the potty one.